A decadent little salad or side perfect for holiday hosting! This salad has warm blistered grapes, the peppery bite of radicchio, crunch from pistachios, and smooth pecorino cheese. It's a serious crowd pleaser.
Holiday Grape & Radicchio Salad
- 1/2 cup whole pistachios
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 cups seedless red grapes
- 1 1/2 cup seedless green grapes
- 1 1/2 cup seedless black grapes
- 2 heads chioggia radicchio
- fresh ground black pepper
- wedge young pecorino cheese, for serving
- Zinfandel Vinaigrette (recipe below)
Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Toss the pistachios in some olive oil, season with salt, and toast in the oven until golden. Set aside and let cool.
Heat 1 medium sautee pan over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil and half the grapes along with a few pinches of dried tarragon. Cook until the skins are blistered and set aside on a pan. Cook the other half of grapes in some more olive oil and tarragon and do the same with them.
Split the radicchio and remove the core. Slice the heads into ribbons and place in a bowl. Add the grapes and pistachios to the bowl as well. Season it all with salt, black pepper, and toss in some Zinfandel Vinaigrette. Shave the pecorino over top generously, and when I say generously I mean don’t waste any of that wedge. No one is going to be mad about an abundance of delicious cheese.
– adapted from Food Network
- 1/4 cup zinfandel vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- salt & pepper
- squeeze of lime juice
Whisk all ingredients together.