Let's keep things rolling right along with another smoothie for today's 25 Days of Snacks recipe! This one is a little different than the last. My Carrot Cake Smoothie is sweet, thick, & creamy. It reminds me of a big ol' hunk of carrot cake and who wouldn't want their smoothie to be reminiscent of dessert? Once again, we're keeping things healthy with plenty of veggies, some fruit to sweeten, and a good dose of protein from hulled hemp seeds. Not to mention the addition of my favorite snack food... Perfect Bars!
Perfect bars are delicious nut butter bars made out on the west coast. They put an emphasis on real, whole foods. Read more about their story here and why they're so perfect here. I LOVE them. They keep me filled up, taste great, and have a super healthy blend of superfoods stuffed inside. In this recipe, they work perfectly in adding a creamy smooth texture to our smoothie!
That subtle orange color means you're getting your beta-carotene in with this snack! It's a great source of vitamin A & C.
Carrot Cake Smoothie
MAKES 1 LARGE SERVING OR 2 SMALL SERVINGS
- 3/4 cup chopped carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup milk (any kind you prefer)
- 1 almond perfect bar (or you could use 1/4 cup cashew or almond butter)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 medjool date
- 1 tablespoon raw shelled hemp seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger or 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Optional - instead of hemp seeds add in some of your favorite protein powder (vanilla or chocolate would work best)
Add all ingredients to a high powered blender. Blend on high until smooth. Add in 2-3 ice cubes as needed. Top with a sprinkle of cinnamon and drink up! This is a smoothie you can feel great about.