Do your hardboiled eggs bring all the boys to the yard?... or do they have everyone running as far from your yard as possible? Knowing how to perfectly hardboil an egg is a seriously beneficial skill (especially when hard boiled egg season, aka easter, is coming in hot) so that you can avoid overcooked, dried out, green hued, unbearably stinky eggs.
It's actually really simple to make perfect hardboiled eggs, right on your stove, that come out with a creamy bright yellow yolk! They're tender instead of rock hard and are the perfect, anytime, protein packed snack. Here's the deal
1. Place your eggs in a single layer in a pot.
2. Fill pot enough with water so that the eggs are covered.
3. Place pot on a burner set to the highest heat.
4. Bring water to a boil.
5. Let eggs cook for:
- 5-6 minutes once water begins to boil for a soft boiled egg.
- 7-8 minutes once water begins to boil for a perfect medium boiled egg.
- 9-10 minutes once water begins to boil for a hard boiled egg.
Have a bowl of ice water ready for when your eggs are done. Remove the eggs from the boiling water & drop them right into the ice water to stop overcooking & make it much easier to remove the shell!
Eggs will last longer in the fridge with the shells on! Keep hardboiled eggs in a tupperware or bowl in your fridge for easy accessibility! Try to use those medium boiled eggs right away! I like mine on a roasted veggie salad mmmmmm!