Now that all my summer craziness is beginning to die down, I've found a little time to catch up on the posts I've been meaning to write and the foods I've been meaning to eat :D
In case you didn't know, I've got a family and a boyfriend who know how to eat. The family would eat all day long if they could and the boyfriend is on a pretty regimented eating plan that involves a lot of food and that can be hard to manage thanks to his busy days. In an attempt to make things a little easier for everyone I've been doing a good deal of food prep every Sunday. The point of the story being.... these roasted chickens save my life every single week.
1. They're Easy. Take chickens out of package. Season chickens. Roast chickens. Done.
2. They're Cheap. Cheaper than buying that already roasted overpriced whole chicken and way cheaper than the already roasted chicken breasts. And once you perfect your cooking time, they'll probably taste a whole lot better too!
3. They Last. Roast your chickens, throw them in the fridge, and have delicious chicken all week long.
Perfect Roasted Chicken
- 4 Split Chicken Breasts (Bone In)
- Olive oil or olive oil spray
- Dried Herbs of Choice (I use thyme, rosemary, parsley, basil)
- 1 Lemon, half juiced & half sliced
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Arrange your chicken breasts in a glass baking dish so that they are not overlapping. Drizzle each chicken breast with just a small amount of olive oil and then season generously with salt, pepper, and dried herbs. Pour over lemon juice and arrange lemon slices over the chickens.
Roast in the oven until skin is crispy, crackling, & golden brown (and juices run clear). Viola!