Sometimes what we really need is not a recipe, not a health & nutrition fact, or a wellness incentive. Instead, what we need, is some inspiration.
Today's breakfast inspiration got a little help from last night's dinner. It's also the kind of breakfast that you could eat for any meal in a pinch. It's chicken hash with veggies & taters all topped with runny fried eggs. Yes chicken hash is a thing, yes there's bacon, yes it's delicious...
- CHICKEN HASH: Cook some chopped bacon and chopped onions until fat has rendered & bacon is beginning to crisp up. Add in shredded leftover rotisserie chicken and cook until golden brown.
- VEGGIES: I used a mix of bell peppers, zucchini, and chopped cherry tomatoes sauteed until tender.
- TATERS: Super thin sliced yellow, red, and purple potatoes cooked on the stove in a little butter, covered until tender and then uncovered until golden & crisped.
- EGGS: Fried in a little grassfed butter until over easy.
- COFFEE: Iced, cause summer's not over just yet.